Creating Your Own Layout

Dining Room and Kitchen Merger
 

Small Cubby by Garage Access Door
With a fairly open simple floor plan, minimal storage space, and a tiny working kitchen, a few major changes were needed.

Before the remodel, I had to store the majority of my pantry items and any larger kitchen gadgets in the garage because there was very little storage designed into this classic 1970's California ranch style tract house.    

I wanted to share some of my favorite parts of my new kitchen layout that were essential to make the space more functional and family friendly.  There are few tiny details that still need to be finished, but for the most part it's finished. 

My favorite part of the entire remodel was the little cubby buy the garage door and the secret garbage can drawer in the island. 
 
Hidden Garbage Cans
  
It's definitely easier to keep clean and feels less cluttered.